Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Books 51-54, 52 Books in 52 Weeks

Completing the Challenge

I am so happy I ran across this "52 Books in 52 Weeks" challenge! For several years I've been keeping track of titles read and aiming for at least fifty books per year.  In childhood I read much more  but adulthood brings other tasks, as we all know, so reading sometimes gets put on a back burner. Now retired, I have more time to read - if only I didn't while away so much time online!

I haven't decided whether I'll continue posting my books in 2013, but will definitely continue reading and keeping track. I might take up some of the other challenges with specific books, or I might challenge myself to read the books here at home that I've bought over the years, then pass them on to our local Friends of the Library for their book sales.

At any rate, here are the last four (for me - the first one I read was the latest of the series!) of the Women's Murder Club by James Patterson.  I hope he'll continue with this series - really fun reads! I didn't read them in order since a friend had loaned me the latest one. Then hooked, I requested the others through our online library catalog and read them as I obtained them. Each one is complete so they don't need to be read in order as long as you can keep what's going on in the friends' personal lives straight.


One of the club members dies in this story - very sad!


' Lieutenant Lindsay Boxer and her friends ... battle for her life on two fronts: before a judge and jury as her trial (for excessive force, police misconduct, & wrongful death) comes to a climax, and facing unknown adversaries who will do anything to keep her from the truth about the killings -- including killing again."


A new member of the Women's Murder Club and more killings!


More killings, more exciting events, and a new love interest for one of the friends!

No comments: