Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Book 47, 52 Books in 52 Weeks

Dorchester Terrace
A Charlotte and Thomas Pitt Novel
by Anne Perry
2012


"Thomas Pitt is now the powerful head of Britain's Special Branch. Rumors have reached him of a plot to blow up connections on the rail line on which Austrian duke Alois Habsburg is to travel to visit his royal English kin.  Meanwhile in London, an Italian woman who was a revolutionary spy is terrified that as she sinks into dementia she may divulge secrets that can kill.  And a Croatian woman, married to a British power broker, hoards her own mysteries.  Pitt suspects that these women could tell him things he desperately needs to know.  But as the hours tick by, the only woman he can count on is his wife, Charlotte."

Really interesting to see Thomas promoted to head up the Special Branch, especially in this, his first important "case"!  They keep referring back to the situation leading to his promotion, which must be in the previous book, "Treason at Lisson Grove". Will have to find it so I'll know what happened!  This one was especially interesting in that it is now 1896 - telephones are used, and there are hints of the turmoil that will lead to World War I. 

2 comments:

The Polka Dot Closet said...

Oh Jane, that looks like a good book. My son gets married in 3 weeks so I have not had any time to read, I am going to remedy that after it is over, I will put this on my list for sure!

Carol

Visits With Mary said...

My goodness, do you read a book a week? That is awesome! I love to read but don't know if I could keep up with a weekly routine! Thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving your nice comment. Blessings